Friday, March 22, 2013

look4less:scalloped

I've got another look4less post for all you savvy shoppers out there [or if you're just cheap like me].  I'm a total sucker for bows and scallops [the cut not the seafood, bleh]...and lots of other things, but definitely those two things.  

Bows have been around for awhile now, but scallops seem to be making a slightly heavier appearance than usual and I'm completely on board.  I have scalloped skirts and shorts from a few years ago that I just can't part with because they're so dang cute and I get compliments every time I wear them [just in case I had to justify why I hoard things for years].  

Needless to say, when I saw this J.Crew Scalloped dress in a magazine a month ago I went crazy.  Such cute detailing, but still a basic enough silhouette to wear for all different events.  The one thing stopping me was the $170 price tag.  I know that that price isn't a complete deal breaker, but I have NO REASON to buy this dress other than it's cute, scalloped, and I want it [all reasons should be considered].  

So naturally, I wanted to see what else was out there and I'm glad I did because I found a cute version on Piperlime from brand Pim + Larkin.  Not as much of the scallop, but the exact same color options and a third of the price.  What to do???????????  It doesn't help that J.Crew has 25% off a purchase of $150 or more right now with code LOVEJCREW, making that beautiful dress only double the Pim + Larkin one.

The culprit:








The deal:




No comments:

Post a Comment