Thursday, February 28, 2013

What's new pussycat?

It's officially the last day of February.  Time flies, but it's still cold.  I've tried to reign in my Spring posts as much as possible since it's depressing for everyone, especially since even back home in Florida it's cooling off.  

One of my personal pet peeves with staying warm is if my layers get bulky.  I just can't stand it.  Because of this, I've been trying to layer with lighter fabrics under my warm sweaters, jackets, blazers, etc.  And the look I can't get enough of?  A pussycat bow blouse under said items.  It adds femininity and takes the place of a necklace if you're just not feeling it.  They also look amazingly professional and chic if you wear them with a pencil skirt or trousers.  The greatest part though is that they can be worn year round.  

I found a pretty great version at American Apparel last week and think the colors and prints would be fun for anyone.  I usually only go to AA for specific items I've seen in magazines and/or online [or drinking], but they really do have a ton of great basics that aren't completely ridiculous.  Side note: the sleeveless version is great too.


Polka Dot Chiffon Secretary Blouse






No comments:

Post a Comment