Friday, March 9, 2012

{eff} let them eat cake

Pinterest is insanely good at making me believe I can see a picture and then automatically have the skills to instantly create whatever I'm staring at.  It's like the parent cheering you on at a sport you know you're no good at.  And that's now two sentences I've ended in a preposition...my middle school English teacher, Mrs. Cross, would be disappointed in me, but I'm an adult now and I'll do crazy things.  Back to the matter at hand...Pinterest's unwavering support in unskilled people like me.  The whole reason I'm posting this is because I keep seeing all these beautiful desserts [ombre cakes...who the hell has time for that?] and they're perched atop beautiful cake stands, which in turn, makes me want to make these beautiful desserts [for no reason] and start entertaining.  You see, none of this really makes sense for a few reasons: 1) I don't need endless desserts loitering around my apartment 2) Said apartment has only so many places to put said desserts and 3) I don't care enough to do it, but because I see these pictures I pin away like this scenario will actually play out in the near future.  Thanks for letting me keep my dreams alive Pinterest, but for now I'll just showcase all the cute cake stands I've found on etsy.







stands available here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

No comments:

Post a Comment