Tuesday, November 22, 2011

ShoeMint

I've long been a skeptic about these websites that charge a monthly fee for their items, mostly because it's a pain in the ass to remember to skip a month if there's nothing you want [how they make their money].  I used to be a member of ShoeDazzle until I realized that no matter what "survey" I filled out and how many times I told them what I didn't want, I would always get shoes that belong on a naked girl twirling around a pole.  I also got sucked into JewelMint, which I actually like, but haven't ordered too much from.  The "____mint" sites seem to have the inventory and process down and are launching by the second with the help of celebrities and their favorite stylists endorsing each venture.  The line-up now consists of JewelMint [jewelry by Kate Bosworth], StyleMint [t-shirts by MK+AOlsen], BeautyMint [ beauty items by Jessica Simpson], and most recently ShoeMint [shoes with my fashion love affair Rachel Bilson].

The ShoeMint venture makes my fashion insides all giddy.  First off, I lurv Rachel Bilson.  Her style is amazing.  Second, I love shoes.  I don't have to explain this one.  Third, her co-conspirators are her stylist Nicole Chavez and Steve Madden.  Combine the three and I think these shoes are actually ones that I'll be interested in unlike WhoreDazzle.  The site is supposed to launch this week even though there is no hard date yet, but I'm ready [just hoping the monthly fee isn't over $50].



No comments:

Post a Comment