Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weekend

It finally feels like fall outside. This weekend I did a lot of nothing, but they were fun nothings because I was far away from the crazy people at DragonCon downtown.

I picked up some organizing bins from IKEA for my new desk, I found the PERFECT leopard scarf for fall in the prettiest deep, dark green color from h&m, and I went to a jewelry making class that resulted in a pretty pair of crystal earrings for my mom and the richest green agate beads to make a necklace out of for myself. The rest of the weekend was spent watching movies and my latest tv addiction, Damages.

The one thing I found that made my weekend though was the perfect fall necklace. I love fall and the warm yellows and mustards that are typically seen in the majority of stores. Sadly, mustard yellow does not love me. Rather, it makes me look sick and blends into my hair color and skin tone which equals something that should not be displayed in public. But then I found this Kenneth Jay Lane Topaz necklace in the Bloomingdale's catalog. The perfect touch to a fall filled with jewel tones and darker colors. And then I was smart and looked to see if ShopBop carried the necklace [which, of course, they did] and oh wait, it was $12 cheaper and there was NO SHIPPING. When will you learn Bloomies?



photo via ShopBop

No comments:

Post a Comment