Friday, July 15, 2011

welp...here's hoping Atlanta

According to GQ magazine's article naming the worst dressed cities in America Atlanta ranks #17. The article goes on to say some kind words:

"Atlanta is the mecca of the promotional t-shirt. Everyone is a CEO or founder of a record label or a clothing line you'd have never heard of if it weren't plastered in size 96 helvetica font on their chest. The pleat's in Atlantan's pants are deeper than the Chocolate Rain kid's voice and their blazers look like hand-me-downs, because they are hand-me-downs. In the A, there is nothing wrong with wearing Uncle Ned's seersucker suit to the shindig in October-fit, be damned."

Well, from someone who has lived here for years and knows numerous people that were born and raised in this great city, I would have to agree that this applies to some parts, but listen here GQ...don't go saying the entire city dresses like these washed up yuppies you describe, because I will let you know-seersucker is classic and the CEOs and founders you speak of don't live in the heart of the city. And on a sidenote...there are numerous people that I want to run over with my SUV on the day to day based solely on what they're wearing, but I'd rather see my gents wearing the southern uniform [khakis and a polo/dress shirt] than the crotch hugging skinny jeans that I also purchased last week....from the ladies department.




photos via GQ and FOX 5 Atlanta


*this lovely article was brought to my attention by my great [born and raised in Atlanta] friend Laura, who has witnessed many fine forms of sartorial successes

No comments:

Post a Comment