Monday, June 20, 2011

lady with spikes





The one thing I love is when a designer mixes lady-like details [such as bows and ruffles] with sexier, edgier ones [such as zippers and spikes]. Now, I will be the first one to admit I am very much against the gothic look-it just doesn't have great chemistry with my humorous, outgoing self, but when little things are added in small doses and balanced out by other details in a design I seem to swoon. Which is exactly what I did when I saw these amazing Sam Edelman Beatrix flats in the Nordstrom catalogue. I am hopelessly in love with the pink version because until you look closely, you can't tell the front of my foot houses raging spikes. Almost like a siren luring in the sailors with her voice, only to make them crash their boats...whoa, I just admitted I paid attention in school. I apologize, but seriously, you think the front of my foot looks flashy with some sort of detail and then, if you get too close, all of a sudden you've lost an eye. Not my fault people...the shoes have a mind [and weapon] of their own.











photos via Nordstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment