Wednesday, May 4, 2011

DIY [GYMTDI]

If I had the time [and the sewing skills] I would make so many things. I started "making jewelry" 2 years ago and stopped about 4 months into it after my amazing necklace process was halted by fraying string. I refuse to start over, but haven't been able to figure out how to bead the rest of the damn necklace [grrrrrrr]. I promise it has the potential to be amazing. Maybe this will be my summer project.



My mom can sew and she's pretty darn good at it, SO my new genius plan is to find things I want to make and have her "teach" me how to do it. This will be amazing and I'll get some new things that I've been eyeing on some blogs! [mostly because I do not have a sewing machine, so all things made will have to be with her skills heavily involved] Check out the two things I want to make in the very near future:





I've always adored oversized clutches. I just feel like they scream "laid back badass" or "I have everything, if not more, in this oversize clutch, BUT I act like I'm an 'on the go' lady." Therefore, the "blogger bag" [if you will] caught my eye and I've been jonesin' for one for awhile.






[if we're being honest, like we always are, then I'll probably end up

buying one of these bad boys in addition to making one or one hundred]










I also saw this skirt and thought there were multiple fabrics and patterns I would love to have it in. And if it really is the "world's easiest skirt" then I have a chance, or rather, my mom has a chance to succeed in the creation!!!





*GYMTDI stands for Get Your Mom To Do It

No comments:

Post a Comment